 General / 6806
Re: Spare Lego for us (Re: The Ruthlessness of Lego was (Re: Spare Parts Service - How it works))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:57:52 GMT

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:37:01 GMT, "Naji Norder" <n.norder@computer.org>
wrote:

As far as sorting goes, I'm not sure if sorting by parts would be realistic -

It's likely the parts are already (mostly) sorted, with each part having
its own bin. Or case, depending on the quantity.

Now, sorting out for shipping to different buyers would still be required.
And would be a big pain, if people were allowed to buy specific quantities.
"I'd like 25 red 2x4 bricks, and 51 blue 2x3's, ..."  At the scale under
we're likely talking about, that level of detail isn't reasonable.  Except
for rare and/or valuable parts.  So I'd suggest selling by the pound or
quart (or kilogram or liter).

Steve