 General / 6569
6568  |  6570
Subject:
The shortsighted stupid wastefulness of TLG (was Re: The Ruthlessness of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:41:16 GMT

Consider what TLG would do, if, hypothetically, a fire broke out in
their storeroom,
say at the MoA, and smoke damaged their entire stock, contained in a 25
by 50 foot storeroom underneath the floor of the store.

My vision is that they would hire some non sympathetic firm to drag it
out of the store room, dump it in dumpsters, fiercely guard the
dumpsters to prevent rummaging, and haul it all away without making any
provision for the staff, interested fans, or charities to get access to
all those only slightly damaged sets.

Just think, hundreds of Mindstorms, 4561s and other current sets crushed
in a dumpster instead of donated, or even sold off at less than retail
but at least not PAID to have destroyed.

Good thing I'm only speaking hypothetically.  However, there WAS a fire
in a large underground storage area at MoA last Sunday, and there was a
lot of burned plastic smell in the mall when I was there Wednesday.

TLG makes me ill sometimes, and it's not burned ABS fumes that do it.
How much do you think 300 smoke damaged Mindstorms sets are worth?

lugnet.