 General / 49496
Re: Most redundant Lego part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:38:28 GMT

Purple Dave wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mike Rayhawk wrote:
It was when they juniorized the palm trees.  In my mind, that's hard
to top.

Yeah, that seemed really odd to me as well.  Thinking on it from the
other direction, though, I've noticed that those little palm trunk
segments can be fairly tough to link together compared to basic
bricks and such.  Perhaps they changed the trunk over because kids
were injuring themselves when assembling their palm trees.  The palm
leaves are probably a safety concern as well, as a tipped-over palm
tree has two pokey bits sticking up 4-5 inches in the air.  The thing
that really sucks about this is that now all palm trees are always
the same height, and individual palm fronds are less common (though
they'll probably still use them in situations where they need to be
attached to studded surfaces).

You know, I'm actually starting to like palm tree junior. They are a lot
quicker to set up and tear down and much harder to damage. Great for the
Pirate Game which I am constantly packing into two bags of holding
masquerading as suit cases...

Frank