 General / 49502
Re: Most redundant Lego part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:01:57 GMT

snippage

Some "mostly" redundants I can think of (apart from things made out of smaller
plates):

1x2x2 brick
2x4x3 brick
1x1x5 brick
1x2x5 brick
1x6x5 brick
1x4x2 arch
Exhaust Pipe - 71076 (technic round pin joiner (75535) + half-pin)
2x2x11 pillars - 6168a (2x2 brick + 10 2x2 round bricks)
1x1x6 pillar - x259 (1x1 brick + 3 technic pin joiners + 2 friction pins +
half-pin)

DaveE

I'm probably one of the few who LIKE the 1xXx5 bricks.  My favorite window is
the 1x4x5 and the 1xXx5 bricks really speed up building certain structures.  I
alternate layers of the 1xXx5 brick  and windows with a layer of plate to tie it
all together.  It can't be used all the time but its sure is nice when you can.
The hollow studs also allow 1/2 stud spacing.

Both these buildings use mostly 1xXx5 bricks. The tower uses the 1/2 spacing on
the side windows

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Trains/Structures/industrial03mk.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Trains/Structures/industrial04mk.jpg

Mike