 General / 49462
Re: WOW!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:07:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steven D. Weiser wrote:
I just discovered you can do the same thing with the 1x2 log. If you look
closely at the bottom, you can see the ridges.

I just tried it and it doesn't well enough to convince me that it was
intentional.  Yes, there is something of an X-shaped socket in the middle, but
the axle goes in really hard, comes out far too easy, and causes the sides to
bow out quite a bit.  The 1x4 log brick also has the same X-shaped socket in the
middle in spite of the fact that it also has a gusset right in the middle.  The
larger center peaks have to be there to reinforce the seams between log
sections, and the smaller side peaks appear to be an alternate means of
centering the studs because there's not really enough room between the large
peaks to put the interior rods that are used in most of the 1x bricks.

The stud-centered sockets have ridges that a pin will clip into, but so do a lot
of the modern basic 1x bricks (maybe that's what you were referring to?).
They're really obvious in the 1x6 clear bricks from the mini Knight Bus, though
I did notice that some of them don't have ridges in one end third, and some of
them only have them in the middle third.