 General / 49519
Re: Most redundant Lego part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:40:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
Do you ever wonder sometimes why Lego developed some particular part and say > to yourself "what were they thinking?".

The one piece that comes to my mind is the 1x4x2 arch.  I mean it is
virtually identical to the 1x4 arch plus two 1x1 bricks attached to the
bottom of each end.

Functionally yes, aesthetically no.

If you're abutting 1x6x2 and 1x4 arches (in a colonade say -
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=531574) using 1x4 arches with
1x1 bricks to make up the height is just not as pleasing as using 1x4x2 arches -
sorry but I don't like the extra seam that is introduced that breaks up the
line.

And the great thing about aesthetics?  Even if you all disagree with me, I'm
still right!  As beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;-)

William