 General / 49435
49434  |  49436
Subject:
Most redundant Lego part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:56:54 GMT

Do you ever wonder sometimes why Lego developed some particular part and say to
yourself "what were they thinking?".

The one piece that comes to my mind is the 1x4x2 arch.  I mean it is virtually
identical to the 1x4 arch plus two 1x1 bricks attached to the bottom of each
end.  Why was this even created?  It would have been nice if the 1x4x2 was a
pointed arch, but no, it was just like the regular 1x4 arch.  Very much a
redundant part.  This is Juniorization at its' minimum.

Any other redundancies folks can think of?  (Except of course for those 1x1x5
and 1x2x5 bricks.)

Gary Istok

A Lego addict since 1960.