 General / 49501
Re: Most redundant Lego part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:27:11 GMT

You won’t believe what a piece of junk the new Castle Wall 3 x 8 x 6 from the Knights Kingdom sets is. The middle section has the shape of the Castle Wall 3 x 4 x 6, but then on both sides there are lower, straight sections of 2 studs wide each attached to it. These straight sections have a 45° sloped foot intersecting with the chamfered sides of the ‘middle tower’. The window is larger than the window in a Castle Wall 3 x 4 x 6, because it’s designed to hold the Lattice Diamond or Twisted Bar Panes with Rounded Top. You can make out these parts clearly on this picture:

Yes, those two Light Bluish Gray blobs on the right (everything under the Dark Bluish Gray Castle Turret Top 4 x 8 x 2 1/3 and the two Blue Violet Slopes, Inverted 45 2 x 2) are each just one whole part.

Now, why does TLC keep waisting valuable recources for making obviously superfluous molds like these?

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.