 General / 49075
Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:34:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Morton wrote:

   Like the 12 spoked trainwheels and trainbase fronts (as seen in idea book 241).
Are there any photos of these pieces on the web, or any other prototype pieces?

Hi,

have a look in the idea book 241 at brickshelf:

I thing the trainbase front was created as a prototype for the developing of the trainbase for the sets 720 and 721 from 1969.

Altough the book was first time in the german catalogue in 1970 i think the fotos were made in 1969 before the trainbase and the new spoked wheels were ready.

I wonder why TLC finally decided to produce 10 spoked wheels instead of 12 spoked wheels.

Greetings Ronald