 General / 49062
Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:09:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   Can anyone think of any other?

Hi Gary,

as you know there is a huge ammount of parts, which only appear in one set-number.

But there is a regular part (and i think it’s a “common brick”), which appears in only one unique Set:

It is the red 1x2 tile with the four digit number from set 10020 Santa Fe Limited Edition.

I think this is the most rare “regular” part which means for me that it is produced regular for a normaly sold set. However there are 9999 different types (numbers) of this part, so this and the fact it is not a vintage part might be the reason why it is quite expensive, but not that expensive, what one think it has to be.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=3069px43&colorID=5

For me rare is not the same as expensive, there are lots of parts which are very rare and quite cheep.

When i build my bridge for the 1000steine-Land 2003

http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/albuo24

i was looking for a special part, the 1x3x1 arch in red

I had 3 of this and looked for 3 more.

They were very rare to find and at that time there were only 2 at bricklink. I didn’t buy them although they only should cost ~25ct each because both were in different parts of the world :-)

Now, there are some of them still not expensive at bricklink as well as the same rare part in blue:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=4490&colorID=5 from set 6073

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=4490&colorID=7 from set 6274

There are other rare parts, specially decorated parts like tiles which appear in only one set and are not very expensive (nobody needs them really?).

I.e.: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=3068bpb10&colorID=11 from set 6510

and little more expensive: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=3068bp07&colorID=3 from set 6954.

as well as non-decorated but also rare parts like: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=2419&colorID=14 from Set 6953

And also at the Fabuland theme you will find some very rare parts like

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=fabeg3&colorID=3 drum stick, it is normaly not known that this is a Lego part :-)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=x838&colorID=5&in=S red parasol stand, never been sold on bricklink .

And one of the most rare and expensive parts might be the black 1x1x2 window from 7730 and 7750: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=29&colorID=11

I don’t mention thousands of unique parts with stickers which also appear (cause of the sticker) in only one set.

There are lots of unique Parts in new sets, maybe they will become sometimes very rare and expensive. I think lot of parts of the SW and HP series have good chances in the future.

Greetings Ronald

My Homepage

My Gallery