 General / 40077
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:46:50 GMT

<snip>

Look this is serious, think of it as when you are out in the real world as a
person face to face. If I walk up to you and say: "Hey I like that, you did
a good job, very nice" You oughta respond as a courteous person and say "
Thanks"

<snip>

A biiiig post so I'll just comment on this bit.

The "saying thanks" bit is a good way for those who don't get much feedback
to get more.

Think of a real conversation. If I say "Look at this" and you say "That's
great" then the burden of continuing the conversation has been passed back
to me. By replying with "Thanks, what did you think of this bit?" suddenly a
"2-stroke" exchange has turned into a conversation. And conversation is what
makes the place feel like a community rather than a museum.

How you post your MOC announcement can make a big difference. Saying "Hello"
to someone will get you a "Hello" back. Saying "Hello, how are you? Didn't
you just get back from holiday?" will start a conversation. In LEGO terms,
don't just say "here it is". Say "Here's how I got the inspiration. This bit
was tricky. I found this part goes well with that part, how about you lot?"

Even with things relatively quiet, people don't have time to respond to
everything - but make your thread interesting and people will find the time
to contribute.

James