 General / 40084
Re: Go Out & Vote (Re: Feedback thoughts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:40:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adrian Egli writes:
"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@cs.com> wrote in message

<major snip'n>

6. Don't participate in .off-topic debate.

Shame on you who hang in off-topic debate when folks have honestly made
MOC's and are looking for feedback. Shame Shame Shame.

<again major snip'n>

Legomaster
LMHoF
www.mylegomaster.com

I do have a suggestion for all those members out there- GO OUT AND VOTE!

Check out LUGNET Poll #121 (
http://members.lugnet.com/polls/results/?n=121 ) and vote if you have not
done so already. Before you ask, yes, I did but don't have to say what .

21 votes down?  And they said about 50% of registered voters in CA didn't
vote on Nov 5th? Huuuummmmm....
--
Adrian Egli
LUGNET Member #806

This is like me putting up a ballot:

"Should Galidor be eliminated as a newsgroup on LUGNET because I don't like
Galidor?"

If someone doesn't like ot-d, don't read ot-d.  I can't put it any simpler.

I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke, I don't use 'recreational
pharmacuticals', I don't do any of these things.  More importantly, I don't
care if others do--it's their lives--they can do as they please, as long as
they don't infringe on my ability to do as I please.

When anyone first 'sign up' on LUGNET, there are filters in place--these
filters include OT-D so you don't even have to read *anything* posted in
that group.

As for LUGNET being a pure LEGO community, I agree that it should focus on
LEGO and our appreciation of the plastic brick.  That said, there will be
times, such as in Star Wars, or Harry Potter, when the topics aren't
specifically talking about the Star Wars or HP LEGO sets, but talking about
the actual books or movies--do we ban those posts as well?

Where do we draw the line?  Can ROSCO continue to do his 'pun-of-the-week'?

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with ot-d--nothing at all--it's
off-topic, in which folks can discuss and debate whatever they want, and not
worry about having these widely diverse topics infringe on the other groups
here at LUGNET.

Now if I'm full of hot air, and everyone but me wants to eliminate OT-D, no
worries whatsoever, and I won't lose any sleep over it.  As it stands,
however, in this LUGNET community, ot-d is an interesting place for me to
be, and I appreciate it.

It would be difficult to enforce, but I do believe that you should be an
active participant in the LUGNET community in general to be allowed to be an
active participant in OT-D.  My rationale about that is much like the office
Christmas party--if you don't work at the office, why should you be allowed
to come to the Christmas party?  Why should you 'get what you want' without
putting back into the community at large?

But again, that's difficult to define and enforce.

In the final analysis, there are ways for filtering out OT-D discussions.

Hope this helps a little bit

Dave K.