 General / 38388
38387  |  38389
Subject:
Color Chart [Re: The shades of blue]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:08:27 GMT

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Clark Stephens wrote:

How about this?
http://home.att.net/~clarkcorner/ColorCompare.html

This is fantastic!

I created it today based on your suggestions. It still needs alot of info,
but I have several color knowledgable people that will help me fill it out.
It's based on the Bricklink color system, since that is the one I know.

Let me know if it fits your needs. I'll also accept any help in filling in
the information on the Conversion chart. I left open space for future
relationships. There is also a place for special notes. The page will be
revised to improve the layout as I have time (including pictures).

I think this looks like an excellent reference to distinguish colors, find
names for colors, and see what colors have been produced.  I hope this can
be common ground as a complete, canonical list of colors.

Although the grid for notes at the bottom is a good way to present a great
deal of information at one time, individual "notes pages" for each
color---created as need is seen---might allow more flexibility.  The
information could be what is important or known of
First seen in [theme,year,set]
Only seen in [themes]
Not the same as the similar color in [theme,year,set]
etc.
to function as kind of a FAQ for that particular color.  These questions
about various colors seem to come up regularly on LUGNET, and some
confusions between colors seem common (e.g., violet vs. purple vs.
whatever).

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/