 General / 38362
Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:49:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss writes:
In lugnet.general, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
Your "medium blue" is what everybody I talk to means by light blue.
In other words, the light blue that is not sand blue in Life on Mars.

There certainly is a good deal of confusion on BrickLink about what is
medium blue and what is light blue. I called the 2x4 plate in the #7310 LOM
Mono Jet "light blue" because it is certainly lighter than blue. Henry Lim's
tower of colors also calls it light blue:

http://www.henrylim.org/LEGOColours.html

And Peeron calls it LtBlue as well:

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/7310-1

Cary

Well, what would Peeron cal the light blue in this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5842 (the rounded bricks in the back)

I think the colors Peeron uses are not 100% accurate, or up-to-date. There
are these shades of blue:

Blue (found everywhere)
Sand Blue (found in LOM sets)
Medium Blue (found in racer sets, example - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4579 )
Light Blue (found in Belville sets)
Marsek Blue (found in Marsek sets and a few Duplo sets)
Auqua (found in Belville sets)

The 'sand blue' is only in the LOM sets - the color there is NOT medium
blue. The sand blue is darker than medium blue, and much darker than light
blue.

The 'sand blue' is in the Martian LOM sets.  Medium blue is in the 'Human' LOM
sets.  Yes LOM actually used 2 non-standard blue colors.

-Mike Petrucelli