 General / 38348
Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:41:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message
news:H2A5zy.KrH@lugnet.com...
I just got new Fall 2002 catalog and on the cover is the new 4728 Escape • from
Privet Drive set.  The Car is quite prominent and might be the light blue • (NOT
sand blue) from Life on Mars, but it sure looks like the pictures of • Marsek
Blue I have seen lately.  Either way that is awesome.

-Mike Petrucelli

Cary Clark and I were discussing this set just yesterday.  I think the color
is light blue and not Maersk Blue.  Cary has a plate with five different
colors of blue on it (like the one that someone has posted on BrickShelf
somewhere).  The Maersk blue color has a lot of green in it and when placed
side by side with light blue is noticeably different.

I think it is medium blue. Medium Blue is much more mainstream than light
blue is. AFIK light blue as been in 2 sets:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5842 (the rounded bricks in the back of the set)
and
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5837  (the arches under the bathtub)

The medium blue has been in much more sets and the HP car really looks
medium blue to me. I have scanned the HP car from the catalog and have
uploaded them here:
http://www.landofbricks.com/hp1.jpg
http://www.landofbricks.com/hp2.jpg

I have light blue, medium blue, and Maersk blue parts in front of me right
now, and light blue is very light and Maersk blue has that green tint as
mentioned before. But medium blue is by far the best match when you put the
3 colors on the picture.

So my bet is medium blue. I would be shocked if it was not (happy, but still
shocked).

The bigger question - how much is this set?  I am hoping for a $20 price
point but am fearing it will be $30.  At $20 it becomes an impulse buy for
me and I'll end up with 8-10 of them over the next few months.  At $30 I'll
buy one or two and then wait for clearance deals.

The set is $29.99, set #4728.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

Mike