 General / 38496
38495  |  38497
Subject:
Lego Color Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:31:44 GMT

Thomas,
Thanks for the suggestions.  I renamed and moved the page here:

http://home.att.net/~clarkcorner/ColorTree.html

I think Tree is a better name, now that the page will cover more than just
comparisons. The Tree shows comparisons between known Lego colors. There is
a companion Roots table showing conversions between sites and more
information about the colors.

I'll be adding more notes pages per your suggestion. I see the various notes
pages becoming a "History of Lego Colors" site all by itself. For now, I
want to complete the Tree page, before expanding into the notes pages. I've
included a sample page for the first five colors. If anyone wants to send me
info for the notes pages, I'll gladly add it to the site.

I've added pictures to the table. The color names in the Tree link down to
the picture in the Roots table. The picture in the Roots table links back up
to the Tree. So you can switch back & forth from compare to info.

I've made all of the off-site links hot. So the named color links under
Bricklink take you to a search of all items of that color posted at
Bricklink. The named links under Peeron take you to a display of all items
inventoried under that color at Peeron. The links at the top of the table
take you to the color charts for that site.

I also added several Fabuland colors that show on some of the figures.
Neither Bricklink nor Peeron seem to show these. I don't know if they appear
on actual pieces, or just on the minifigs. If they just appear on minifigs,
then I'll separate them out.

This is still a work in progress. Any information, suggestions or
corrections are appreciated.

Hope this helps,
Clark