 General / 38363
Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:11:19 GMT

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Mark P wrote:

I think the colors Peeron uses are not 100% accurate, or up-to-date.

Probably. . .TLC seems to come out with new colors all the time, and very
few people have enough variety of sets to make detailed comparisons
(especially since so many obscure colors seem to appear in Scala and
Belville).  Color charts have been done before, but it would be helpful to
have a global chart.  Ideally, it would be as organized and coherent as
the Baseplate chart
http://www.baseplate.com/colors/
with pictures like the BrickLink chart
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp
only with uniform pictures taken by the same camera in the same lighting
with a neutral background, and with (perhaps hidden) translating features
like the Peeron chart
http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

Then, once people had agreed as to completeness and accuracy (and to
names, or at least how to translate names between systems) someone would
have to clear up exactly which colors go in which inventories, and someone
would have to take responsibility for maintaining the chart as TLC makes
ever more colors.  I think it would be a very useful project for the
community. . .

Other color links:
Mark's comparison page
LDraw.org