 General / 35595
Re: What the heck is going on ?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:45:00 GMT

I'm trying to see if I can go a whole year without buying any Lego. The
Pizza To Go set really tempted me. However that is the only thing going, and
I tell myself that I've already got one.

Looks like I survived Toy Fair. Absolutely no interest in any of those
offerings.

Today however I did receive a Tine truck. I don't know whether to reset the
calendar or not.

Good sense prevailed when I put all my unopened Lego in long-term storage
rather than on ebay last week. I get to rearrange the boxes this weekend:
112 cubic feet (mostly played with.)

I imagine my kids one day opening them up and saying, "How come you never
got any of the Harry Potter Legos?" (I hope my kids will not use that S on
the end, but it is a lost cause.) They aren't asking about the missing
Bionicles.

Anyway, I find that I am much happier when I think of playing with the Legos
I've already got. (Hey, that S is back.) It's like I'm 13 again and no
additional Lego is forthcoming, except, there is an exceedingly large
quantity of it this time.

I think Lego can get along fine in the action figure market without me.