 General / 36207
36206  |  36208
Subject:
A whole year? (Was Re: What the heck is going on ?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 04:57:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
I'm trying to see if I can go a whole year without buying any Lego.

Finally, I am wondering if you have caved in yet and bought any LEGO.  If not
and I get to wondering again in a few months, I'll check again.  But I don't
think you'll be able to do it!

Maggie C.

The
Pizza To Go set really tempted me. However that is the only thing going, and
I tell myself that I've already got one.

Looks like I survived Toy Fair. Absolutely no interest in any of those
offerings.

Today however I did receive a Tine truck. I don't know whether to reset the
calendar or not.

Yep, it counts.  But even if it doesn't I don't think you'll make it a year!

Good sense prevailed when I put all my unopened Lego in long-term storage
rather than on ebay last week. I get to rearrange the boxes this weekend:
112 cubic feet (mostly played with.)

I imagine my kids one day opening them up and saying, "How come you never
got any of the Harry Potter Legos?" (I hope my kids will not use that S on
the end, but it is a lost cause.) They aren't asking about the missing
Bionicles.

Anyway, I find that I am much happier when I think of playing with the Legos
I've already got. (Hey, that S is back.) It's like I'm 13 again and no
additional Lego is forthcoming, except, there is an exceedingly large
quantity of it this time.

I think Lego can get along fine in the action figure market without me.