 General / 35596
MOC: Magic Flight. A Harry Potter theme ride
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:41:09 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Imagine a amusement park, featuring the fictituous Harry Potter ride 'Magic
Flight'. The public entrance is at the top level between two decorative
castle towers. From there, the public descends by groups of four to seat
themselves in a ride cart.

During the ride, the people are guided through the story line of Harry
Potter's The philosopher's Stone (Book I), depicted by puppets in animated
scenes.

After the first scene there's excitement as the people see the floor vanish
under their feets. Surprisingly, the chairs run suspended from a monorail,
simulating a truely magical flight.

This voluminous MOC display was exhibited at LEGO WORLD 2001 in the
Netherlands. Check out the info on the structure and the show, but most of
all: enjoy the ride.

http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind/index.htm?s=models
Select from menu: Miscelegos: Magic Flight

Eric Brok