 General / 34659
Re: Selling MOC Instructions? Your Thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:17:51 GMT

I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE GUILD OF BRICKSMITHS...just lil' ol' me :-)

Those models are awesome (and I'm not a big mecha fan)...I can see why you
have a demand for instructions.  If the demand is already there then by all
means make them.

If I do decide to do this, I intend to try to add as much value as • possible.
I'll be creating interactive instructions using either Macromedia Director
or Flash and burning them onto pocket CD's.  Fully designed case, MOC
stickers, and reference pictures too.

Sounds neat but don't forget to have a printer-friendly version in there
somewhere.  Not everyone likes to be tied to their computer when building.

Has anybody ever sold just instructions for an MOC they'll built.

Not me, but I plan to do so when I decide to stop producing any of my kits.

If so are there any legal ramifications of doing so, especially in the
context of using LDraw/MLcad to generate the images?

None at all.

Hope this helps,
Will

Bricksburg Fire Department: http://www.bricksburg.org