 General / 33658
Re: Greatest demand is for Bionicle -- Yuck! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 04:55:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.general, Michael Huffman writes:
Interesting article in today's newspaper:

http://www.dispatch.com/business-story.php?story=dispatch/news/bus01/oct01/8954
34.html

The parent in this online comment has an interesting comments on integrating
Bionicle with traditional LEGO bricks.

http://www.fastcompany.com/soundoff/reader_comment.html?cid=7242

He's not saying there's anything wrong with Bionicle as such, just that he
and his son can't seem to get them to play nice with the other bricks.  :)

Wow! I guess he hasn't been trying very hard, as a 3 long friction peg solves
most of this 'problem'. There are so many solutions to this one, it's mind-
boggling. Even 1x2 and 1x3 plates are a viable solution depending on what you
want the parts to do.

Remember... that comment wasn't posted to LUGNET.  I get the feeling this
guy was just a normal parent (not a LEGO buff necessarily) trying to share
the LEGO experience with his kid.  He may not even know what a '3 long
friction peg' is.  I'm not sure that I do.

It sounded to me like he was having fun with the Bionicle stuff, but just
was a bit confused about why it didn't play nice with the other LEGO pieces.

Allan B.