 General / 33671
Re: Greatest demand is for Bionicle -- Yuck! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 02:54:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:

Remember... that comment wasn't posted to LUGNET.  I get the feeling this
guy was just a normal parent (not a LEGO buff necessarily) trying to share
the LEGO experience with his kid.  He may not even know what a '3 long
friction peg' is.  I'm not sure that I do.

Why are 3 long friction pegs so great?  The best part for combining BIONICLE
and LEGO SYSTEM are the 1x2 bricks with the axle-holes
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=32064), that come in the Mono
Jet.

Yep...that would also top my list of useful parts to connect to Bionicle. Here
are some others:
1x2 brick with double technic holes
1x2 brick with double pins
1x4 Technic brick (fits perfectly up to the torso's arm or hip sockets.)

There are countless other useful parts....whay I was trying to get across in my
are making it out to be. It's not like trying to connect Primo to
Mindstorms....now that's tough!

There certainly seem to be several options for making this cross-series
connection.  But it's apparent from the parts list that most of them involve
other Technic parts of one description or another.  Were these answers easy
for you guys to come up with?  Probably not that tough.  But you are
LEGO-literate.

The point of my comment was that the original posting was from an average
parent, trying to connect this new Bionicle thingy to his existing average
(read: non-Technic) LEGO bricks.  And he was simply expressing some
frustration. He is probably not as LEGO-literate as most of the folks who
post to LUGNET.

No one's saying this connectivity is impossible.  But is every parent who
buys their kid Bionicle supposed to also go out and buy some Technic sets as
well?

This is probably a dead horse, but I thought it was important to point out
what the original issue was meant to be.

Regards,
Allan B.