 General / 33622
Re: Greatest demand is for Bionicle -- Yuck! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:10:47 GMT

Has anyone done a study to determine what is so appealing to the buyers
of Bionicle?  And I don't mean the AFOLs as much as the rest of the
buyers...

Is it:
- Because they are robotic/action figures?
- Because they have a full online story behind them, with characters and
a specific storyline?
- The online game, which is different from just a storyline, I guess.
- Because they are "combat" based? ( The idea of "knocking masks off" to
"cure" infected or evil enemies)

any other ideas?

The thought I was having was that whatever the reason, it CAN be applied
to traditional Lego system sets, if Lego wanted to...  i.e. Hype the
minifig, leave less storyline to the imagination (UGH), etc.

-Andy Lynch

Or did I miss a gigantic thread on this subject already?  I probably
did... <sigh>

<snip>
"Steve Tanner" <bounga1@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message
Now Lego will have the justification to focus more on this junk, • and less
on others :-(