 General / 33621
Re: Greatest demand is for Bionicle -- Yuck! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:59:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:

I had a conversation with the owner of a Learning Express
(http://www.learningexpress.com) toy store this past Monday where the
subject of Bionicle came up.  She mentioned to me that she had just found
out that Bioncle sets were now on what she termed "allocation".  She was
pretty unhappy about this as she didn't expect to get much of her order.
She told that she can't keep them on the shelves and was counting on them to
be a big seller for Christmas.

And Learning Express marks up over retail too! Typically 25% I think (they
had 3033 for 25.00). But that's because the individual shop owners are
paying more wholesale (to their distributor, I think) than TRU is to LEGO
directly.

People DO buy from other than the big boxes. But it's tough running a small
toy store.