 General / 33619
Re: Greatest demand is for Bionicle -- Yuck! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:20:54 GMT

"Steve Tanner" <bounga1@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message
Now Lego will have the justification to focus more on this junk, and less • on others :-(

Well, unfortunately, this does provide insight from LEGO on how well the
line is doing.  I wondered myself as you can't seem to see the Toa or • other
lower priced kits on shelves much by me here in the midwest.  Figured • either
they were selling well or retailers sold what they could and didn't • reorder.

I agree, though, that there should be some concern about LEGO seeing this • as
a sign that this is the direction they should go with their entire product • line.

- Steve

I had a conversation with the owner of a Learning Express
(http://www.learningexpress.com) toy store this past Monday where the
subject of Bionicle came up.  She mentioned to me that she had just found
out that Bioncle sets were now on what she termed "allocation".  She was
pretty unhappy about this as she didn't expect to get much of her order.
She told that she can't keep them on the shelves and was counting on them to
be a big seller for Christmas.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders