 General / 33637
Re: Greatest demand is for Bionicle -- Yuck! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 04:57:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Coombs writes:
For me, Bionicle got me looking at Technic as a whole again:  not for the
sets, but for parts to make better er mechanical men ( I wouldn't call them
any form of Bionicle and I might get flamed if I call them Mechs ).  I'm not
the least bit interested in the Bionicle storyline.  I do, however, like the
different masks for different personalities and color schemes.

Lego isn't ever going to get completely away from their other products.  If
Bionicle helps them to sell more and be better off financially, great!

Just my opinion.

By the way, if you're interested in seeing my creations go here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MetalandMagic

Same here, Paul. The parts alone have helped revive Technic from the sorry state
that it was in. As far as your creations are concerned, I feel you can refer to
them as mecha simply because you are taking Bionicle to a new level, in much the
way I am. I, too, could care less about the storyline, the card game, the video
game, or the characters themselves. I just want the parts! Currently, I'm
working infusing more Bionicle parts into Gundam-like creations. I'm proud to
say that they look fantastic from the knee down (okay, so I have some work to do
on the rest of it).

Here's my stuff...
My Zodiac Mecha-Throwbot and Bionicle inspired Mech Designs
http://members.home.net/legomecha/lego/mecha_hi_zodiac.html

My first attempt at a Bionicle modification...inspired by Mark Chan's Kopaka
Rehu
http://members.home.net/legomecha/lego/images/bionicle/dark_onua/

-Dave