 General / 17657
Re: German Halftrack, Armored Car, etc. etc ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:39:38 GMT

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> writes:

I can't wait to get home and check out your Land Rover DAT.  I'm a
big fan of the LR (my Jeep is actually just to tide me over until I
can afford a LR) and I have been thinking of trying to work on into
minifig-esque scale.

I think you may become a bit disappointed: It isn't nearly as great as
the Willys.  But it was the first model of the two, so it gave me some
inspiration for the latter.  Feel free to try to improve it if you want
to.

Right now I'm working on a 5571-wheels based version of the 88" Land
Rover, but I'm stuck making the front suspension system.  I'm aiming for
rear wheel drive only to avoid driving myself completely nuts, but I
would still like to have all round suspension.

While I like building small models for the sake of being able to
reiterate the design until it is "perfect", I also like the challenge of
building a larger.  But the last time I tried to do the large Land
Rover, I was stuck with the 4WD and all round suspension, so I'm aiming
a bit below this time.

Fredrik