 General / 17652
Re: German Halftrack, Armored Car, etc. etc ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:12:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

I'm happy to hear that you were inspired by it!  That's why I post
models on the web (and LUGNET), in the first place!

I was inspired by it, as well.  Shaun pointed me to the file after our first
BrikWars game, when I couldn't stop slavering over his Jeep.  As a Jeep owner,
I found it to be especially cool.

So, of course, I went and made some further adaptions to the model for my own
BrikWars army. :D  My version is similar externally, ripping off- err, that is,
using- such fabulous elements as the hinges as runners, the front grille, etc.
But I jacked the whole thing up to use the spring axles and added a third set
of wheels in the back, making it a six-wheeled harsh terrain vehicle.

The interior workings are a lot less elegant than yours, though.

I can't wait to get home and check out your Land Rover DAT.  I'm a big fan of
the LR (my Jeep is actually just to tide me over until I can afford a LR) and I
have been thinking of trying to work on into minifig-esque scale.

eric