 General / *985 (-20)
  Auczilla update

Todd-- Can we get one? Thanks. Jesse -- ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Media Contest

I just received an e-mail from Lego Media, and I found out that I won. I had a choice of three software, so I picked Lego Loco. Did anyone else enter the contest mentioned by Thomas Main about four weeks ago? Alan P.S. I guess entering all those (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I wish to apologise to fellow LUGnet users my participation in that thread, not my initial post to that thread, rather my profane, inane responses that had subsequently emerged. An irrational, defensive reaction, which only further fuelled the (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

I couldn't find the bit in here that might be relevant, so snipped it all! I would imagine that, due to the lack of flame-wars, the more productive and useful postings, the Organization of LUGnet, makes it a much more viable vehicle with which to (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

1st of all, I just select "tools, download all," so having to go to two different servers is not really noticeable. OE seems to handle it ok. The only benefits I could see might be receiving some posts sooner rather than later, and not needing to (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Received this e-mail from Lego

Once web-based (...) I look forward to it, too, but fear that the same regional price disparities that currently exist will be repeated on the website, too. In the UK, what you pay in dollars, we usually pay pounds, which is a ~60% price premium. (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Received this e-mail from Lego

Once web-based (...) I look forward to it, too, but fear that the same regional price disparities that currently exist will be repeated on the website, too. In the UK, what you pay in dollars, we usually pay pounds, which is a ~60% price premium. (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Minifig trip to Carlsbad?

With "take figs to work" day being discussed again I got to thinking about places that might be cool to photograph "touring" minifigs (1). Actually occured to me when reading Mike Stanley's message about taking figs to see Star Wars. The obvious (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: nice pics at PEST today

(...) Pretty funny :) I did a head loping scene as part of a larger Halloween display. Would have been better if all of the victims were Timmy!!! Barry (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) <some good technical stuff that I don't have the bandwidth to grok...> but nonetheless I disagree. If rtl is served from here, cross posting should be allowed for messages first posted here. Regardless of whether the poster is posting an (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I'm on board with them. However my bandwidth just dried up. Can someone take a stab at a repost incorporating Todd's and Steve's changes? Do it as a single block and posters can mark it up again. Don't bother with revision bars, et al, none of (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) It really has been the doing of one individual, believe it or not, as the catalyst (with the help of some regulars of course). Reminds me of the Mandroid days. These too, I suspect, will pass. Barry (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Todd Lehman wrote in message <3662a9e2.2109338@lu...et.com>... :I think it used to be -- at least we :heard happy stories from time to time -- that people with limited interest :in LEGO would stumble into RTL and then discover how wonderful LEGO & (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  The crux of the matter (IMHO)

Wow. Wotta thread! I think there has been more traffic on LUGNET on this issue of carrying RTL than on anything since it started. It's nice to see 70 new messages, and NONE of them appear to be flames... When's the last time you recall that (...) (26 years ago, 23-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Well, one way would be to put a link on various web pages...I'm more than willing to put one on my pages,, such as they are...I am sure there are many folks who appreciate the job you've done in creating LUGNET, and would probably do the same. (...) (26 years ago, 23-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) ", so you are sure to find information in your area of interest." (...) Thanks for writing the post. Some advocacy is necessary for encouraging participation. Besides the post could be updated from time to time. (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Don't send them in envelopes (Re: Bring Your Minifig To Work Day)

(...) A bubble pad envelope is fine, because it is thicker ( greater than a 1/4") and machines can't process it. I know the postage is more, but piece of mind is better. (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 03:53:14 GMT, Paul Foster <pfoster@execpc.com> wrote: :Ok, then what happens if somebody who is approved cross posts to rtl and :a lugnet :group and it propagates out to the web and then someone on the web who :is not :approved (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) One thing to consider is that if a message is cross-posted to a moderated group, it shouldn't show up in any other groups until it's been accepted in that group. LUGnet is a (lightly-and-automatically) moderated forum. It's completely (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) True, canceling wouldn't work unless you get control.cancel. Spam aside for a second, I don't think ignoring cancels is very bad. People should assume that once they hit "post", it's public, like it or not. But then, there's the issue of spam (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact