 General / 970
Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 01:17:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I could take a swag, I guess.

Swag: (done rather quickly, so hack away)

-- begin --

To old and new readers of RTL:

There is another place to share the joy of Lego, make friends, share
ideas, and participate in our special community. LUGNET is a privately
hosted, fan created nexus on the net. It features searchable information
on sets, inventories of parts, information on themes, archives of the
RTL Roll Call, a Cool Site of the Week, and discussion groups.

The discussion groups are organized by subject and category

", so you are sure to find information in your area of interest."

These groups are accessible three ways:
One is the same way you're reading this post, via an NNTP server.
Another is via a web interface.
Finally, you can access these groups via a mail/subscription interface.

Full instructions on how to begin accessing these groups are at
http://www.lugnet.com/news/

To use the searchable set database, see
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search

To learn more about LUGNET, run by Todd Lehman and Suzanne Rich, see
http://www.lugnet.com

I encourage you to investigate the LUGNET community. You'll find many of
the same faces you see here.

-- end --

I suggest that people post proposed revisions as replies and we can
jointly edit this into something we all agree on. For starters, what did
I leave out? What did I overemphasise? Where does it switch from neutral
to advocacy?

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.

Thanks for writing the post. Some advocacy is necessary for encouraging
participation. Besides the post could be updated from time to time.
--
See you over the event horizon,

James

P.S. Beware of naked singularities.