 General / 982
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:21:59 GMT

I couldn't find the bit in here that might be relevant, so snipped it all!

I would imagine that, due to the lack of flame-wars, the more productive
and useful postings, the Organization of LUGnet, makes it a much more
viable vehicle with which to get TLG to take more notice of its adult
fans.

Though the volume of posts to LUGnet is nowhere near the volume of that of
RTL, what would be the ratio of useful vs fluff between the two?
As the flame wars always end up on the off topic pages, and sales/auctions
are in their relevant groups, the remaining groups have a remarkably more
mature look and feel to them! Even the flame wars seem to have a much
more adult-feel/debate-style to them! That which remains is highly useful
and informative.

If TLG were to ever look to the newsgroups as a means to gauge their market,
as opposed to expensive surveys, LUGnet would have to be the best source.
(I would suspect that they are already aware of LUGnet, anyway.....)
The debates regarding whether or not they pay attention, and recent
examples,
with the Marilou flame-war (of which I am a guilty party, for having
participated)
most prevalent, there would be no surprise that they might ignore the
internet-enabled
adult Lego enthusiast community. However, should they see what is at LUGnet,
what is posted, etc., we might eventually become a voice to be heard!

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/