 General / 967
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:55:48 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
So either crossposting has to be allowable for everyone or no one.
And it can't be allowable for everyone, because people who haven't gone
through the news-posting setup <http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/>
can't post to any lugnet.* groups (by design).
So crossposting is between lugnet.* groups and non-lugnet.* groups is out.

One thing to consider is that if a message is cross-posted to a moderated
group, it shouldn't show up in any other groups until it's been accepted in
that group.

LUGnet is a (lightly-and-automatically) moderated forum. It's completely
reasonable to require any message cross-posted to a lugnet.* group to
conform to LUGnet guidelines -- for example, the poster must be registered,
it must be non-binary, and so forth.