 Gaming / 1698
Re: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:02:29 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bill Blackmer wrote:
I have seen the Steve Jackson pirate game played at several Game Cons in
California over the last several years. No Lego's involved.

Was Steve Jackson personally running them?  I got the impression from his
webpage that he has a massive collection of LEGO Pirate stuff to draw from, and
I'd find it odd if he had gone to the trouble of collecting two different styles
in large enough quantities to run massive campaign-level games.  Then again,
maybe he's just concerned about the risk of rare LEGO pieces "walking away".
It's probably a lot easier to find satisfactory replacements for miniatures than
tracking down stuff like grey crocs (I imagine he could spit twice while
blindfolded and hit at least three green ones).