 Pirates / 3788
Re: LEGO Rulers 4 Pirate Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:23:32 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I have never seen anyone use anything other than 2x4 based LEGO rulers. Using
something else strikes me as a bad idea... you'd be training your players to
do something that no one else does.

It depends partly on your reason for doing so.  Using a smaller unit would allow
you to play a "larger" game field in a small, confined space.  A 4-stud unit is
to a 4' playing space as a 3-stud unit is to a 3' playing space.  Well, other
than the fact that the ships would be in a different scale...

If you're doing it just to be more accurate to the rules, it makes more sense if
there's almost no chance that you'll ever play outside of your local gaming
group, or if you can convince the entire LEGO gaming community to switch over
with you.

I think I've seen it played a few more times than Dave has, too.

And in all this time you've never noticed that you're using a scale that's way
out of whack with the official rules?  I'm disappointed in you, Larry.  You
always seem to joyfully leap to the chance to correct other peoples' mistakes...