 Pirates / 3785
Re: LEGO Rulers 4 Pirate Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:34:53 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Chris Yoder wrote:

Ah, so I better get to building some rulers. =) Do you build rulers
for various ranges?

Yes.

I've found that having 2 basic sizes will serve you well

- a relatively long range (say about 20 inches or so) per player or (less
preferable) pair of players, made of 2x4s, with 4-5 layers of bricks/plates so
that it's pretty sturdy. Use this one for things like ship movement and cannon
fire. One per player if possible means everyone can move at the same time.

- a relatively short range (say about 6 inches or so) per every 2-3 players,
made of 1x4s maybe with only 3 layers of brick/plate. Use this one when it's
awkward to measure with the large one, like if you're proximate to an island and
you'd swat another island across the channel maneuvering your large ruler into
place, or when ships are in close range, for stuff like small arms fire. You
don't need as many of these as they aren't used as often.

If you have bricks/plates you don't like much, they may be a good choice... some
of my rulers picked up a lot of dirt from the floor at GenCon...

I chose to use the same color scheme (red/yellow alternating bricks, white
plates) for all my rulers so that it's easy to spot them all when cleaning up
again when more than one person brought rulers.. (the other folks used different
schemes)

Hope that helps.