 Gaming / 1699
Re: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:09:17 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz wrote:
Of course it did sort of just happen that way so feel free to continue to be
confused...

Eh, I'll toss that in with wondering where he hid the rules for incorporating
orbital mind-control lasers into the game...

I do use LEGO dice, but not LEGO paper and pencils/pens yet.

Do they even make pencils?  Anyways, it'd be cool if there was an easy way to
convert from paper to bricks, like Peter did with his BrickQuest character
sheets.

True, the game is not LEGO. I have never seen the game played with other than
LEGO though

Well, it was clearly designed with LEGO as the primary system, since everything
in the rules works with existing LEGO pieces (sea monsters don't count because
they're not specifically detailed), and there really aren't many appropriate
LEGO items that haven't been incorporated.  Furthermore, many of the rules don't
work very well at all with some of the other available systems.  Playmobil has
sharks, of course, but what about all of the other critters?  And do they have
all of the various character types?

amassing enough troops with the other systems would be a serious problem.

If you're the sort who has pockets deep enough to buy up tons of pirate ships,
you probably won't have too much trouble going after large quantities of troops,
depending on which types are actually available.  For those that aren't, all
you'd need to do is have your group agree to what you want to use as
substitutes, like Robin Hood guys instead of Islanders, or knights for German
Mercs.

You would actually want to consider changing the scale if you used
Playmobile or Imaginext.

Heh.  I just had this horrible vission of LEGO vs. Playmobil battles...

I'm not sure what's actually going to happen to the game. Steve has not
published his latest updates, and I've definitely been changing the game.

So when are you going to include rules for undead pirates?  I can just see a
ship crewed entirely by skeletons and minifigs with green heads, and whenever a
swimmer has the misfortune of climbing aboard, they get undeadified.  Skeletons
knocked overboard could sink like stones, while zombies could swim extra slow
and maybe be toxic/distasteful to critters.  I would have figured on seeing that
done shortly after the PotC movie came out.  Skeletons could be generic
crewmembers, but for special crew, all you'd have to do is swap the head and
hands for skeleton/white for a skeletal crew member or Frankenstein/sand-green
for a zombie crew member (that way they could keep distinguishing articles of
clothing).