 Pirates / 3784
Re: LEGO Rulers 4 Pirate Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:28:21 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:HwHBrJ.97I@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.pirates, Chris Yoder wrote:

Do most people use LEGO rulers or real rulers for the game?

I have never seen anyone use anything other than 2x4 based LEGO rulers. • Using
something else strikes me as a bad idea... you'd be training your players • to do
something that no one else does.

Well, Steve Jackson at least used to use tape measures. I don't know if he
has changed over yet. So we don't have an "official" word yet. Of course
predominance of practice is another way to decide which way to play.

As to the question of building different length rulers...

I build 24 "inch" and 6 "inch" rulers. The short ones are nice when
measuring close ranges in cramped situations. 24 "inches" is a basic range
category (note I also play with slightly different ranges than the official
rules - but 24 inches is still a useful number in either case). I have
considered having Tommy (the guy who engraves bricks for the BrickFest etc.
badges) engrave bricks for Pirate Game rulers that would get the range mods
right onto the ruler to simplify things.

Frank