 Pirates / 3781
Re: LEGO Rulers 4 Pirate Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:09:46 GMT

"Clangador" <clangador@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:HwHBGu.77I@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.pirates, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.gaming, Chris Yoder wrote:
I've read Evil Steve's Pirate Game rules, and it says nothing about 1 • inch =
4 studs. I've never measured it, so I don't know how long 4 studs • actually
are.

4 studs = 1-1/4"
1 stud = 5/16"
3 studs = 15/16"

If you want to go for a more accurate scale, use 2x3's instead of 2x4's. • Just
make sure everyone at the table is using the same scale, so it'll be • fair (my
unit may only get to move one unit per turn, but I've decided to use • yards
instead of inches!).

Yea, 2x3s might be a little more accurate, but 2x4s seem more intuitive.

LOL. Yards -- that's good. I'll have to try that at a game.

Do most people use LEGO rulers or real rulers for the game?

I always use LEGO rulers. I think most of the people who have started
playing as a result of the games I run also use LEGO rulers. I don't know if
Steve Jackson has switched to LEGO rulers or not. That probably accounts for
a huge percentage of the games run in the US.

Frank