 Gaming / 1697
Re: What is GLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, Frank Filz wrote:

"Clangador" <clangador@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:HwJ5Ms.210C@lugnet.com...
I've seen GLUG thrown around a few times. I know it's the Game LEGO Users Group,
but I haven't found a group for it here. I'm thinking of starting a LEGO gamers
group for the area I live in and am interested in expanding the GLUG concept.
Any info. would be a help.

lugnet.org.glug exists. Also, we have a Yahoo group gamelug:

Frank

So far everything that's been done (and it's a fair bit, very impressive showing
at GenCon last year for example by GameLUG) has been virtually organised...
we're scattered all over. The organization is very loose and informal too.

If you seriously think you have critical mass to get a LEGO oriented group going
in one physical location, that's way way cool, it would be a first, I think.

Whether you (generic) want it to fit into GameLUG as a chapter, or be an org
that's affiliated, or whatever, is something that's been discussed in the past
but I'm not sure there was a clear outcome. I think the group is very open to
different organizational permuations though.