 Events / BrickWorld / 45
Re: BrickFest 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Aaron M. Sneary wrote: big snippage
   I miss when our events were about the community coming together and playing. And I have to say I take some offense to paying a registration fee to an event that then uses mine and others’ creations to draw a public crowd and charge admission. If the registration fees were going down in cost, I wouldn’t peep. But they seem to be rising with the more public days the event allows.
end big snippage

The cost seems very minor in regards to everything that is offered! Where else could you spend 4 days straight building/playing/talking about Lego for only $15 per day? And, to get together to meet and talk to some of the *best* AFOL modelers in the country? Priceless!

And the venue for BrickWorld sounds like it will be the best of any any of the cons we have seen in the states in recent years with plenty of room in a new hotel.

Having never attended a national convention - which I consider BrickWorld to be - I am looking forward to meeting the “rest of you from the East Coast” that I have only had the chance to get to know through email and by reading your posts on Lugnet.

A lot of you don’t realize that the PUBLIC wants to meet you, too, and put a face to the name on the creations that they see on Lugnet, BrickShelf, Flickr, and everywhere else. You guys are celebrities in your own right, and although some of you may shun the spotlight, there are others that love to see their creations admired and inspiring the “next generation” of AFOLs.

We *need* more shows like this to keep the Lego alive and kicking in the mindshare of the kids and adults alike.

I’m totally jazzed abour BrickWorld, and look forward to being a part of it.

---Will Chapman BrickArms LLC