 Events / BrickWorld / 44
43  |  45
Subject:
Brickworld Announcement - Harry S. Truman To Be Displayed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:04:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

HARRY S. TRUMAN TO BE DISPLAYED AT BRICKWORLD

The Brickworld Team is proud to announce that the U.S. Navy is delivering a model of the Harry S. Truman Aircraft Carrier (CVN-75) from Germany to Chicago for display at Brickworld. The model was constructed from over 300,000 Lego bricks by Malle Hawking in Germany. The model is nearly 15 feet long and weighs in at over 353 pounds. Check out a picture at the Brickworld web site (https://registration.brickworld.us/?m=home).

Brickworld is excited that our first major international display has been arranged five months prior to the event. When asked about what this means for Brickworld, co-founder Adam Tucker said “This is just the first of a long list of displays and activities that the Lego community attending Brickworld will enjoy. We will continue to release information as we solidify the convention program in the months leading up to the event. We are energized by the enthusiasm shown by the community toward the Brickworld event.”

And of course - our sincerest thanks to Malle and the US Navy!!!

Sincerely, The Brickworld Team