 Events / BrickFest / 3850
Re: BrickFest 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:00:59 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
   At 11:59 AM 1/11/07, John wrote:
   One confusing aspect might be the event’s name. Why “BrickWorld”? Why not something more regional, like the organizers of NWBrickCon chose? Not only doesn’t it sound like it wants to be regional, it sounds like it wants to be international!

It would have been silly to choose NWBrickCon. That name’s already been used. :) Seriously...

Good one! But actually, that’s a good point; instead of riffing on BrickFest (BrickWorld) or LEGOWorld (BrickWorld), it could’ve riffed on NWBrickCon (MWBrickCon), which in my mind is the premier regional event in the US.

   I’m not sure exactly where the name came from, but it’s just a name.

Well, I have to say that I think a LOT of the confusion is stemming from it. When I first heard of “BrickWorld”, it made me think that someone was trying to create a US version of LEGOWorld. And using the word “brick” also creates confusing associations with BrickFest.

I think that it is good to get clarification of what this event is all about so that people won’t get the wrong impression. It has helped me understand it better. I will be attending, but only because I am a midwesterner; but if I had to make a choice between a regional event and a national (even international) event, I’d choose the latter. BrickWorld has been scheduled at the beginning of the summer and BrickFest would have been at the end of the Summer, so I see the effort by the organizers to try and not conflict with BrickFest (for their own good no doubt-- I’m sure that they wanted to attend BrickFest as well!).

Leg godt,

JOHN