 Events / BrickFest / 1736
Re: Call for Group Layout at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:44:40 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Hi, still rushed but I have a partial overall TDL to share.

http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/Overall_possible_v06.tdl

The blue/yellow oblongs are the staging/yard tables that are in white in the
space plan. (there are some extras at the bottom, those are just there for my
convenience, not part of the plan) I've incorporated all the TDLs that people
sent me or that I made up for them so we can see how it's shaping up.

There is a one plate misalignment that has to be handled somewhere between
GFLTC and NGLTC (because you can't label TDLs you probably should have the
latest space plan open to see:
http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/Layout_tracking_v12.xls .. this plan is slightly
out of date, I think table 24 is gone and RTL got a bit relocated, but that's
easy enough... I wanted their stuff to be farther out)

I would like to have it (the misalign) handled in the joint between LUCNY and
MSLTC... can one of them take a stagger?

I do not have MSLTC's TDL yet but it's coming soon. I heard rumor that they
will have track on both the top and bottom edges of their module. If so and
if we can convince LUCNY to allow that too, maybe we can do a local loop and
have the inner main run along the back edge in their section, assuming some
curves are OK. How many straights are needed before the approach to the lift
bridge?)

A shared local loop sounds good to us at LUCNY.  I have asked MSLTC to supervise
and operate the LUCNY layout for us since all our members will be busy on the
Third floor nearly the whole weekend.
LUCNY layouts are never planned -- we set up as we go, so we can do whatever
works.  We have an assortment of modifed points, curves, and straights, so we
can make just about ANY configuration work well.

Just as a note, everyone should bring all the track, especially straights,
but not forgetting curves and turnouts, that they can possibly spare. I see
this layout using somewhere around 1000 straights beyond what is used in
individual modules.

Note that I show the connector from the MichLTC peninsula to the hollow part
of the layout as mostly yard because that's the public model display area.
However it could be scenicked with individual MOCs if they turn up.

LUCNY, if you still want to expand area, please contact me. I think you could
go deeper by a table turned sideways if you wanted to.

We may not need to expand our area--it all depends upon how much stuff I cram
into my vehicle.  If LUCNY goes deeper, GFLTC will have more difficulty accesing
their space from the rear.

But LUCNY's two additional tables will be on-site and can be used anywhere if we
don't need them. Unless the void space by tables 11, 12, 13 is intended, our
extra tables could go there for individuals to place MOC's since I don't see too
much other space for that to happen.

A 4th local loop is possible in the LUCNY/MSLTC area, depending. Need to talk
to those guys about it. 4 loops is goodness.

Agreed.  I am sure we can work together to make this work.

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY