 Events / BrickFest / 1732
Re: Call for Group Layout at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:48:58 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Hi, still rushed but I have a partial overall TDL to share.

http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/Overall_possible_v06.tdl

The blue/yellow oblongs are the staging/yard tables that are in white in the
space plan. (there are some extras at the bottom, those are just there for my
convenience, not part of the plan) I've incorporated all the TDLs that people
sent me or that I made up for them so we can see how it's shaping up.

There is a one plate misalignment that has to be handled somewhere between GFLTC
and NGLTC (because you can't label TDLs you probably should have the latest
space plan open to see:
http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/Layout_tracking_v12.xls .. this plan is slightly
out of date, I think table 24 is gone and RTL got a bit relocated, but that's
easy enough... I wanted their stuff to be farther out)

I would like to have it (the misalign) handled in the joint between LUCNY and
MSLTC... can one of them take a stagger?

I do not have MSLTC's TDL yet but it's coming soon. I heard rumor that they will
have track on both the top and bottom edges of their module. If so and if we can
convince LUCNY to allow that too, maybe we can do a local loop and have the
inner main run along the back edge in their section, assuming some curves are
OK. How many straights are needed before the approach to the lift bridge?)

GFLTC: Can your gate sensor be after the curve that I put next to you on the
inner line? Or do both sensors need to be next to each other on parr straights?
If so I may have to move you again...

(to see what I am talking about, everyone else, refer to GFLTC's pdf:
http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/GFLTC-BF-layout-2.pdf which shows the automated
gates and sensor arrangement, sensors go onto adjacent modules)

Not all of the yard area is detailed out yet... more work on that soon.

Just as a note, everyone should bring all the track, especially straights, but
not forgetting curves and turnouts, that they can possibly spare. I see this
layout using somewhere around 1000 straights beyond what is used in individual
modules.

Note that I show the connector from the MichLTC peninsula to the hollow part of
the layout as mostly yard because that's the public model display area. However
it could be scenicked with individual MOCs and suchlike if they turn up.

LUCNY, if you still want to expand area, please contact me. I think you could go
deeper by a table turned sideways if you wanted to.

This plan has 3 loops (just assume two tracks connecting the unfinished staging
end to the two that exit NGLTC and you'll see them)

One (the "outer loop") monster that goes all the way around.

One ("right inner") that starts at the MichLTC mountain (the gray area at the
bottom of the peninsula) and ends looping around the IndyLUG airport

One ("left inner") that runs around the left side of the layout from NGLTC,
MSLTC, LUCNY, past the left edge of the airport and into the staging and back to
NGLTC

A 4th local loop is possible in the LUCNY/MSLTC area, depending. Need to talk to
those guys about it. 4 loops is goodness.

(all: feel free to answer here or via email)