 Events / BrickFest / 1697
Re: Call for Group Layout at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:14:12 GMT

It has taken me way longer than I would like to get to this point, but here is a
tentative master plan for the BrickFest™ 2003 public display layout.

http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/plan1.gif

This is a space plan rather than a track plan. The track plan has not yet been
developed. I do not have .tdls from any of the clubs yet.

On the question of standards, I have a standard .tdl to work from. The two front
track connections are mandatory. The road behind it is not mandatory but it
would be nice..

http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/BF_standards.tdl

Right now, here's my thinking on what the MichLTC part of the layout will look
like. Note that it conforms to track connections but not yet to road. I plan to
try to fix that but it may not matter since it abuts filler on both sides.

http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/MichLTC_possible_v4a.tdl

JT has told me that NGLTC probably can be the anchor at the other end so I've
planned it that way. I need NGLTC and MSLTC to confirm that the MSLTC drawbridge
can abut the NGLTC layout...

Kevin Salm and John Barnes have indicated that they don't have a trackplan but
did have a space budget, so I did a track plan for them:

http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/LUCNY_possible_v3.tdl

All of this is tracked in the following spreadsheet (which also has the space
plan in it)

http://www.iltco.org/BF_2003/Layout_tracking_v02.xls

There is still time to get in this layout, especially if you have your own
tables.  (I think all the GMU tables are spoken for at this point, the back side
uses a lot of them up)

We'd love to have you!!!

Here's a master list of who I think is participating (taken from my tracking
spread...):

NGLTC                 9 tables each 40x40
MSLTC                 60x160 + 30x40
MichLTC                 60x150
LUCNY                 60x140
GFLTC                 misc neat stuff
IndyLUG (B. Darrow) 40x60

If I have your info wrong (see the spread) or you want in, please drop me a
line.

As to the use of filler between some clubs, that's to get the overall layout a
bit longer and to allow for better matchups. If you want to coordinate with your
neighbor and can remove filler, LMK!.

MichLTC has a lot of baseplates beyond what we need which I htought we could use
in filler sections (at least in front, maybe not in the back where the yard
storage area is...