 Events / BrickFest / 1437
Re: Call for Group Layout at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:21:55 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Matthew Greene wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   If you or your club is interested in participating in what we hope will be the largest multi group layout ever done at a fan oriented event, please contact Larry Pieniazek. Deadline for confirming participation is 23 July.

   Name of Club: MidSouth Lego Train Club
Contact Name: Matthew Greene
Contact email address: hrcpins4us@aol.com
Desired dimensions of space : 60 x 160(park, church, opera house, city

We can bring our own tables. Will send a .tdl when we decide the track spacing.

Matthew Greene

A couple things...

First, although posting publicly is great, it shows participation and should spur others on to participate as well, please mail me your info as requested so I don’t lose track of it.. thanks! (BTW I added colons to your info to make it break to separate lines)

Second we need to start working on interconnect specs.

Would people be comfortable with the expectation that they should have two main lines at the front edge of their area (standard spacing, track centers at 8 studs and 24 studs in from the edge) and two main lines at some fixed distance back in (different clubs may be different distances in total depth)

Or should the back side be run back on non club layouts as a connector? That is, long narrow sliver or donutish? we only have 12 feet of width so the back side is not a good place to put club layouts, hard to see. If this is not clear I can post a trial TDL somewhere to show what I am getting at.

Thirdly (Ok, more than 2) although everyone knows that 6 wide is clearly superior, it would probably be a very good thing if your main lines are 8 wide compatible, meaning they should be able to handle cars that are 50+ studs long and 10 studs (with stickouts) wide, including around curves if you have any, and clearing turnouts, if you have any, in the main line.

Fourthly, we may want to take detailed layout discussions to another group, but which group? Not sure. Let’s stick here for now?