 Events / BrickFest / 1712
Re: Call for Group Layout at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:40:31 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, James Trobaugh wrote:
Lar,

What about crowd barriers and skirting?

I asked about this several weeks ago, but it got lost and forgotten:
http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=1500

LUCNY will be bringing our own tables (just acquired two more today) that can
accomodate our table covers, skirting, and Plexiglas barriers.  We will be
bringing our barriers if other clubs will have theirs.  Frankly, ours will look
cheap and stupid compared to other clubs, but they work for us and were
low-cost.  We are more concerned about keeping the trains on the table than
keeping fingers off of stuff.  After all, touching by BrickFest attendees is
okay with us.

The tables at GMU do not have a recess under the table top--thus the cannot
accomodate small clamps.

Larry, I looked at the possible track layout for LUCNY.  No problems with it; we
will modify on the fly.  I have not mastered TD enough to render a more accurate
.tdl file, unfortunately.  Our club, above all else, is VERY flexible and can
accomodate anything!

For our neighbors -- MSLTC -- our tables are standard height 5-foot banquet
tables (plastic:  weight 5 lbs, cost $20 at Lowe's) so you will have to lower
your tables to accomodate.  Your telescoping table legs prove will prove their
worth.  Plus, I think NGLTC has low tables, too.

Only nine more days to go and I have a lot of last minute stuff to build!

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY