 Events / BrickFest / 1500
1499  |  1501
Subject:
Consensus for Table Barriers at BrickFest??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:49:34 GMT

For the lobby area big train display, I am wondering what the opinions are
regarding table barriers.  Brickfest, to me, is an event where table barriers
are not really necessary for purposes of keeping fingers off of the Lego.  But
the open to the public time on the last day throws a wrench into this.

Do clubs plan on using plexiglas barriers for their layouts?
Should we or can we skip it?
How well behaved can we expect the general public to be?
Who will be charged with operating and monitoring the massive layout during the
public time?

Thanks for your answers.

If you run your trains as fast and crazy as we do at LUCNY, then table barriers
are as much to keep the trains on the table as they are for keeping fingers out
of the way of moving trains.  With super-powered, fan-cooled train controllers,
precisely matched train motors, and locomotives that are almost 100 percent
solid brick we literally have trains that can fly off the tracks!  The plexiglas
has never failed at keeping eveything contained on the tables.

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY