 Events / BrickFest / 1703
Re: Call for Group Layout at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:19:50 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, James Trobaugh wrote:
Lar,

What about crowd barriers and skirting? Normally the layout is not open to the
general public at any time so crowd barriers / plexiglass isn't used, but since
this year there is a public time should we plan on bringing our standard
barriers system or will there be an over system supplied?

Great questions! If you have skirting, bring it! I don't think any will be
supplied.

(The assumption being skirting mounts to your own tables, the GMU tables if you
are using them, I think have thick tops so skirting clips may or may not work)

If you have barriers/ropes/sneezeguards, plan to bring them but hold off packing
if you can, pack them last, you may not need them. Nothing wrong with
sneezeguards on part but not all of the layout in my view, so you could bring
those anyway even if GMU can give us rope/velvet barriers.

I have an open question with overall event coordination about whether they have
barriers/ropes/velvet ropes we can use or not.

Since my post I have gotten updated tdls and plans from several people/clubs. I
am still hoping that some more clubs will decide to participate (for instance,
WamaLTC is not represented at all...).

Expect an updated plan and more tdls later today... maybe even a preliminary
overall TDL but it's gonna be a monster (getting your TDL, JT, would be of great
benefit, even if the central part isn't filled in, just confirm the shape and
edge trackage)

Where possible I want to keep discussion public so everyone can benefit. But
email me with urgent/sensitive info. Note especially, please do *not* email just
Christina and expect me to know about it. She's tres busy, busier than me,
even...